The Importance Of Maintaining Your Roof And How We Can Help
Roof Maintenance Service Overview
Taking Care Of Your Roof Is Important. Grandchamp Roofing is Your Maintenance SolutionReplacing or repairing your roof is a costly job. Spending a little bit of time every 6 months or so looking closely at your roof can uncover opportunities to extend the life of your roof and find problems before they become leaks. Here are some very good tips offered by Allied Insurance:
- Look for missing, damaged or curling shingles and other signs of wear and tear.
- Check for signs of fungus or algae. Moss or algae buildup must be addressed.
- Inspect metal areas for rust and examine flashing to make sure it is solid.
- Seal or replace any cracked mortar or caulking around joints and chimneys. The hot Texas summers will cause deterioration in these areas first.
- Sweep or blow off debris on the roof. Sticks, leaves and other debris can damage shingles, cause algae to grow and clog gutters.
- Trim branches that are hanging over the roof to prevent damage and keep squirrels and raccoons away.